Hellloooo world! 🙂
What the NYX website says about this product:
“Beautify your lips with this velvety rich lip cream that provides extreme pigmentation with a silky and glossy finish. This lip cream is a hybrid of lipstick, lip gloss, and lip stain with intense pigmentation all in one. Complete your head-turning look with the Nyx Xtreme Lip Cream in any of the 11 luscious colors.”
Now here is what I have to say.
Here are my thoughts on the Nyx Xtreme Lip Cream (Spicy).
Warning: The shade I bought aptly named SPICY is not for the faint-hearted! It is my first lip cream that screams RED all over it! But it is nice wearing this though, as I do not have to put much on my face because this shade stands out on its own.
It is best for days when I feel blaahh or too lazy to even put powder. Case in point: photo above haha! I feel instantly made-up when I wear this shade. Ohh diba effortless, who would not like that? Haha! 🙂
- Glides on the lips easily.
- Very pigmented and creamy.
- Stays on my lips for about 5 hours. With eating and drinking!
- NOT sticky!
- Glossy finish, no need to top with lipgloss or lip balm anymore.
- Does NOT dry my lips.You get two products in one: lipgloss and lipstick!
- Transparent / clear tube allows you to see the shade easily and also check on how much product is left.
- Affordable. I purchased mine on sale for only Php 270. That is 0.23oz / 7ml content right there.
- 11 other shades to choose from if red is not your thing.
- I do not like the scent. Not really foul odor or anything. I just do not like it. But do not worry it is unnoticeable once you applied it already.
- I am more self-conscious when I have this shade on. Unlike with, say nude lipstick which I can be not bothered if it is smudges because it is nude. With this one since it is red and more attention-getter I have to occasionally check if I do not have red all over the sides of my mouth or teeth. But that is just me haha.
- Red is kinda tricky to apply at first as it tends to bleed. Tip: fill in lips with lip liner first.
- Only available online or occasionally on bazaars so you cannot actually try them on before buying. I do not think there is a local exclusive distributor for NYX products here in the country yet. But thank God for Digital Traincase – go check this shop! 🙂
Overall, I say this is a good buy! Yes, the color is BOLD and DARING. But I am happy to have this in my collection for boring days when I want to stand out. What I like best about this particular line of NYX (Nyx Xtreme Lip Cream) is that it is very creamy and somehow moisturizing on the lips, too.
Like RED lips? Why or why not? What brands are you using now? I want to know. Please share in the comments! 🙂
Here are some celebs who rocked the red lips. They instantly look all glammed up, noh?
Photo credit: arizonafoothillsmagazine.com.
Stay tuned! I still have two other Nyx lippies up for review! You can also check my previous review on Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream here.
Whew what a long post! Thank you for reading! I have to say bye for now!